Friday, July 6, 2007

Cahul N The Gang...

Okey dokey, Well first I may as well be gracious and say hello to my Mother, ...Hi Mom, I'm safe and far from kidnapped! My flights went well. I've can finally say that I've slept on the floor of a German airport! Years of waiting for Pay-Off City! Also I will suggest Moldovan Air to absolutely anyone interested in finding food that makes Fancy-Feast look like a viable source of nutrition and good ole' eatin' fun! Ok now to be serious for a moment. ...(breathe) ...This trip has been incredible to me so far. I've gotten such a culture shock in such a short amount of time that I haven't honestly had time to really process it. From the culture to simply the language, I find myself returning to the childlike wonder of simply being in another country. The lord has shown me things that I didn't expect. I've seen great poverty. But what I have also seen seems to supercede that. God has shown me His love for his children, and how he has great plans for people you may never meet, or who's names you'll never learn. People who, by all my previous standards, would be insignificant, but are loved just as much by my Father. I've gotten to simply laugh with children who need nothing more than to hear me attempt to speak their language for us to bond and giggle together. It's beautiful the love I've experienced here whether it be from the children who by day one have memorized my name (which it turns out in Russian means "A Tire" ...for a car ...sigh) or from my teammates. The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful group of people to be surrounded with ..(is "with" a prepositional phrase?). But I've seen more than I can realistically recall here, or would try to. I'll write again if I can. I'll just have to tell you all when I get the chance. I love being a part of this, and am honored God has asked me to be here. I hope you all are well, and I'll see you soon.
-love
Scott

(ps. Under NO circumstance would I ever make a "mullet" joke simply because ...well I'm not sure why, but they are still "in" here ...IN A BIG WAY!)

6 comments:

Trey said...

your post was soooo... whats the word??..ummm.. "Informative" *ahem*

Ive been checking the Blog everyday.. and I've been praying for you and your team.

See ya soon buddy.

emily said...

first of all...we are sending you all so much love and so many prayers from chisinau! i love the fact that our church is blanketing this country with His love and His hope.

b. scott, fantastic blog! I knew from the title you wrote it. I've heard nothing but amazing things about you and your team. I'm so glad that you are and can experience this wonderful country! so proud of you!

emily

Anonymous said...

Scott, you owe a debt of gratitude to John Overton High School for your literary genius. Now tell Lindsay to hurry up and get back. I'm tired of doing her work.

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott N The Gang.....Great to know everything is going so well. I'm sure 'Scott' does not mean 'tire' in English. I'm pretty sure it means 'great literary writer' or maybe 'mullet-head', I'm not sure which....anyway, you're Dad arrived today from Iraq and can't wait to see you. We are so proud of you and grateful for the wonderful group of Christians that are there with you. We are praying for everyone's safety.

We Love You,
Mom & Dad

Whit said...

Chahul n the gang...I should have known...I miss you friend. Chad's brother is sleeping in your room and he is nowhere near as cool as you are so come back soon! I'm praying for you and your team all the time and I'm thrilled to hear it's going well!

Haley said...

Scott! So, so good to read a blog from you. Gosh, I miss you guys so much.

Love you and praying for you and the team.